There are plenty of reasons for a girl to go on a blogging hiatus. Whether it's intentional or not, any of us that aren't full-time bloggers tend to disappear from time to time.
Some of us haven't made a blog post since December 2017, but that's beside the point. Y'all knew I was still alive thanks to an occasional Instagram photo. I don't have one excuse for my absence - but I do have a lot of excuses. My husband likes to call me "the girl with a million excuses," so let's pay homage to that and I'll list them off.
1. Life is busy. Is that a good excuse? Nah, not really. There are girls who blog consistently with full-time jobs, school, planning weddings, going through life crisis, raising babies, etc etc. Have I really been *that* busy? I mean sure, I have a 9-5 and a couple of freelance gigs, plus I've upped the amount of volunteering and planning committees I'm on. At the end of the day, I just can't be bothered to take an outfit photo. Most days, I'm in my comfies faster than you can say "OOTD."
2. I'm exhausted. Emotionally, that is. With all of the crap going on in the world, some days it just feels a little mundane to prance around in a pair of wide leg crops and talk about what color I'm just living for this season. I love the internet, but I've had to turn off a lot of the chatter lately because a girl can only take so much before she just needs a BREAK, ya know? Most days, I don't even open my laptop after 5 p.m.
3. I've been doing things. Since moving Downtown, I find we DO a lot more things. Bike riding brewery tour. Jazz in the park. Taking Zoey for an afternoon at Bark Bar. None of those things require the cutest outfits, so there's been a lot less to actually take a photo of. I'm not complaining, we're LOVING the neighborhood and buying a bike was the second best decision I've made after buying a condo downtown.
I've also taken up a few new hobbies - one of which is streaming myself playing video games on Twitch. You'd be surprised at how much time I've wasted on Zelda when I could've been blogging. I regret nothing.
4. I've been a little pudgy. I've talked about the subject of dealing with weight gain more than once on this blog, and when nothing is fitting quite right, there's a lot less to take pictures of. I have two options - diet and exercise, or buy bigger clothes. They'll be here Tuesday.
5. I've been at Happy Hour. While I do save my favorite outfits for Thursday happy hours with my besties, we rarely remember to take a photo of them before we leave or it gets dark. This one particular Thursday I managed to have a camera in my bag thanks to a work project, so I bring to you the triumphant return of AJWC.
P.S.: The happy hour at 42 at the Clinton Library is amazing. We've spent several Thursdays down there drinking $2.50 wine and enjoying their gorgeous patio. Try the chicken biscuits, they're delicious.
Top (under), BCBG. Crop (over), Jonathan Simkhai. Pants, Marks & Spencer. Heels, c/o JustFab.