I took a little weekend trip with my bests last weekend to Eureka Springs. It's a funky little town in Northwest Arkansas, known for its biker bars, weird shops, and hilly nature. We booked an AirBnB on Thursday and drove up Saturday morning for an impromptu getaway, which I highly recommend for basically everyone. Anyway, it got me thinking about how I haven't done a "What to Pack" post in a while and I wanted to do a recap of what's in my weekend bag! If I'd planned ahead, I would have pictures. But I didn't. So I don't. Bear with me.
You'd think it would be easy to fit LITERALLY a night's worth of clothes into a small weekend bag, but it's not. We were actually met with surprisingly warm weather, so I was grateful for the random t-shirts I threw in at the last second. I also packed a wrap just to wear around the house that I ended up wearing on Sunday just because it was so cozy. You never know what you're gonna need!
What you will need, of course, is an adorable weekend bag. Shopbop has a bunch of cute ones right now (DYING over that Kate Spade one!), and Sole Society has an awesome selection as well (love my Cassidy weekender!).
1. Skinny Jeans. It may be tempting to throw a pair of boyfriend jeans in there, but skinnies are far more versatile. In a dark or black wash, you can dress them up with heels at night, then roll them up with flats or sneakers for a casual day look. One of my favorites? Hudson's Nico cut, which sits just low enough to have a cute front tuck but just high enough to battle muffin top.
2. A couple of tees. I always throw one or two extra t-shirts in my bag in black or white, just in case. Even if it's just something you wear to lounge in, it's a good thing to have. Layer one under a leather jacket with a statement necklace for a cute night look - I've been lusting after all of the DANNIJO styles lately.
3. Speaking of...a leather jacket. It's my favorite of all of my jackets for travel. The leather does well with cutting the wind, and it's appropriate for a number of occasions. This doesn't actually go in the bag - you wear it.
4. A nice silk top - or whatever fabric you prefer. I like to have at least one stand-alone top that I can wear to a nice dinner. This weekend, it was this adorable wrap top from Asos. Rebecca Taylor has some of the prettiest flowy tops, with really interesting shapes.
5. One pair of flats, one pair of heels. You want something comfortable to walk in, and something to dress up with (if you want). I love Soludos for cute flat espadrilles, and they lend themselves to travel well thanks to their collapsible nature.